Saturday morning we were in Lima...

I may have checked my bed for bed bugs....and regretting not bringing flip flops for my shower... but Saturday morning our breakfast was absolutely splendid - and on a terrace in the sunshine at that! The coffee was espresso, with hot water AND hot milk to add, and once I stirred in a heap of deliciously soft brown sugar, I was in cup-o-jo heaven.  For our fresh baked buns, there was double the butter I could spread available - I always find our restaurants at home go a little skimpy - and this butter didn't come processed & packaged in plastic containers, but fresh cut into cubes and served in a dish...mmmm....

Our next stop was the PINIFE sponsor site.  My heart was met with the same love as when we traveled here on the Solidarity Tour in 2011.  When I close my eyes now and think of the children here (& those who care for them so abundantly!), it's Jesus' face I see - and his eyes and his smile are still beaming with this ridiculous love that He has for me, and for all of us. 

Again, I had to go without my camera; the Sisters prefer for us not to bring anything that will make our group a target.  We have a professional photographer in our Team and she was permitted to bring her gear along.  She hasn't had time to post photos just yet, but you can check them out soon on her blog: http://www.karinlocke.com.  I will also post some photos asap.

Comments

  1. So many prayers from everyone here in the office. And your breakfast defeinitely beat my bowl of cereal! Based on the lo-ve-ly itinerary I have at my desk...you are presently participating in the delivery of benefits at the Don Bosco stadium! Was so awesome to see you last night Jo. Sending my love to the WHOLE group! Peace be with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers Alisha....they are felt like the rain, which is pouring down this morning :) Sending our love to you and the rest of the Chalice family xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sweet! Thanks for the food shots Jo!
    Looking forward to hearing your descriptions of the next few days... I love reading your blogs! It's like I am there :) My heart wept just a tiny bit hearing about your past memories and thinking of the anticipation you must have to see these people again... such a beautiful thing. Keep writing!!

    x's and o's
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food shots were definitely at your request ;) I will have plenty more to show you upon our return - there is a group of mothers who prepare our snacks and lunch each day while we are at the Parish - it is always delicious and always needs to come with an explanation :P We've had star fruit juice, yuke (like potato) & cheese on a stick and roasted in the fire, lots more chicha - once with a big dried peach at the bottom! Well, time to attempt another blog....love you! xoxox!

      Delete

Post a Comment