Welcome to Chalice from our sites in Chiclayo

Today was overwhelmingly joyful. When I close my eyes, I see all the faces of the children we saw today: crowding around us, reaching for a hug, smiling with such excitement in their eyes, singing, dancing... I have been filled up to the brim and then overflowing with so much love! Each time we are welcomed, there is such a spirit of gratitude in the hearts surrounding us. Here's a glimpse of the welcome we received this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPLyy-mdG0


In the afternoon it was an even bigger welcome: a colourful tents were set up, there was a band playing, families gathered around clapping their hands and inviting us to dance with them - one sponsor commented, "It was a real royal welcome!"



And all of this, in the midst of poverty. The small community is made up of one-room houses, built from mud and fibres, and surrounded by a 'playground' of dirt, rocks and dust - blowing in my eyes. As we celebrated in the tents, I forgot where I was - and when we left, I was shocked again to see where these families live.

And yet their smiles are what I remember most :)

Comments

  1. I LOVED the music video! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment