Host a Dinner - Change a Life

It's been nearly one month since I returned home to Halifax, NS, in this beautiful country of Canada......still, I haven't been able to stop thinking about "Bolivia" (aka: all the things I now associate with my time in Bolivia). My mind may be occupied with one thing or another for a time, but "Bolvia" never fails to come back to me throughout my day.

This is the photo that's been on my desktop since I got back...


...I can imagine I'm still sitting there in the Sports Complex at the Parish in Yapacani, and Fran is taking my picture :)

All this is to say that it's been on my mind, and I've been talking about it a LOT (my roommates haven't complained yet...but I'm just waiting for it to happen...). I was talking to my good friend, Sharon, and she was so motivated by my experience that she wanted to help. One of our goals from the Tour is to find sponsors for 50 children from Chalice's Sponsor Site in Yapacani. So far we've found sponsors for 17 children. That leaves 33 children waiting...

Sharon decided to host a dinner at her home for family and friends, and to share about Chalice's work and what it means for her to sponsor a child. She hasn't held the dinner just yet, but already 5 people have chosen a child to sponsor! WOW. I am totally amazed at how God has used this "yes" on her part to share His Love with these 5 children! It makes my heart feel like this...


If you're interested in hosting a dinner for Chalice, let me know!

www.chalice.ca
joannealbrecht@chalice.ca
1-800-776-6855

Here's a short PowerPoint Presentation that we use during the dinners to share about the work Chalice is doing...

Comments